At Indee Labs, our mission is to make gene-modified cell therapies accessible to the masses. Our goal is to develop a uniquely gentle and scalable hardware for gene delivery to optimally treat patients with advance and otherwise incurable disease.
Ryan Pawell (Founder, Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer) is a Y Combinator alumnus, published author and subject matter expert in the areas of fluid dynamics, advanced manufacturing, and biomicrofluidics. Ryan has been invited to present his work by the Australian National Fabrication Facility, White House Cancer Moonshot Taskforce, Air Force, National Institutes of Health, and National Cancer Institute among others.
Warren McKenzie, PhD MCom CMatP (Director & Chief Executive Officer, Indee Labs Australia) is an Endeavour Executive Fellow was most recently the National Business Development Manager for the Australian National Fabrication Facility. Warren is also a Director of Advanced Alloy Holdings and HB11 Energy. He has more than 10 years of commercial scientific experience. Prior to joining Indee Labs full time, Warren was able to spin-out an early-stage academic technology into a revenue-stage business without investment.
Katherine Lau (Bioengineer and Laboratory Supervisor) is a graduate from the University of California, Berkeley (MEng) and Rutgers University (B.S.) with over 5 years of research experience. Katherine has previously worked on several BioMEMS projects including the fabrication of microcatheters for drug delivery in the brain and in vitro studies of neuron growth in microchannels after injury.
Adrian Lievano (Bioengineer) is a graduate from the University of Pennsylvania (B.S.E & M.S.E) with over 3 years of entrepreneurial experience. Adrian previously served as a research engineer at UPENN's GRASP laboratory, where he worked on autonomous robotic systems, haptic sensors, and haptic actuation systems.
Julyana Acevedo, PhD (Scientist) is a molecular biologist with 10 years of research experience in the areas of cell-mediated tissue repair, DNA damage repair and molecular activation mechanisms related to cancer and heart disease. She completed her Ph.D. in 2015 at the University of Southern California, where she researched the initiation step of ATR checkpoint activation, a signaling pathway that senses damaged DNA and coordinates its repair to prevent mutagenic effects that may lead to malignant transformation and cancer. She is an author of four peer-reviewed publications and was the recipient of a USC Center for Excellence in Genomic Science (CEGS) Graduate Scholar Fellowship.
Justin Jarrell, PhD (Senior Scientist) is a translational immunologist with 9 years of experience directing projects in human disease, biomarker and drug target discovery, and high-throughput platform development. He recently completed his PhD in Immunology at Stanford University where he discovered and implicated anti-cytokine autoantibodies in the pathogenesis of IgG4-related disease. Prior to this, Justin worked as a research associate at Stanford developing novel antigen microarrays to investigate B and T cell responses in lupus and influenza. He is an author of 12 peer-reviewed publications, recipient of the Stanford Graduate Fellowship, and is eager to apply his technical expertise, clinical knowledge, and immunology foundation to advance Indee’s gene delivery system for CAR T cell production and manufacturing.
Giles Kirby, PhD (Research Fellow) is a translational scientist with a keen interest in cell therapies. Giles brings a decade of experience in advancing the science that underpins translational regenerative and cell therapies by identifying and tackling the bottlenecks from bench-to-bedside. He made the transition from chemistry into a biological field, positioning himself to address the key challenges relating to biomaterials and biotechnology developments. His primary area of interest is currently gene technologies. Giles maintains a cross-disciplinary skillset with side interests in plasma polymers, radiophysics and electronic interfacing (hardware & software development). He is keen to apply his knowledge and understanding in advancing the Indee gene delivery system.
Heidi Hagen (Advisor) is co-founder and Chief Strategy Officer at Vineti with more than 15 years experience in commercial cell therapy. Prior to this, she successfully delivered the first operation that manufactures and distributes live autologous cellular products within an 18 hour time window to oncology patients in both the United States and Europe
- 4 September Indee Labs NSW Medical Device funding featured by BioPharma-Reporter.com
- 8 August NSW Health Funds Indee Labs’ First Preclinical Study Into Gene-Modified Cell Therapy Manufacturing for Blood Cancer.
- 9 June Indee Labs mRNA pre-print published on bioRxiv.
- 29 May Indee Labs simulation efforts featured by the Alliance of Advanced Biomedical Engineering.
- 22 May Indee Labs seed round mentioned in Axios newsletter.
- 21 May Indee Labs seed round mentioned in Fortune Term Sheet
- 21 May Indee Labs closes $2.6M seed round.
- 1 May Indee Labs moved to Bonneville Labs in Berkeley, CA
- 24 April Indee Labs featured by BioSpectrum
- 19 April Indee Labs featured by AUS Manufacturing.
- 19 April Indee Labs featured by SynBioBeta.
- 16 April Indee Labs receives grant from BioMedTech Horizons program.
- 12 April Indee Labs featured by Golden.
- 26 March Indee Labs featured by gemaker and #ausinnovates.
- 1 February Indee Labs presents at MF-9, the Ninth Microfluidics Consortium.
- 24 January Indee Labs featured by Main Sequence Ventures.
- 21 January Indee Labs featured by #AUSinnovates.
- 12 January Moein featured by ANSYS for his simulation and High Performance Computing work.
- 8 January Indee Labs mentioned by the Australian Trade and Investment Commission.
- 7 December Indee Labs selected for the Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati Healthcare Innovations Venture Investment Forum.
- 21 November Indee Labs presents at the Make & Measure 2017 ANFF & AMMRF Research Showcase celebrating 10 year of Australia's National Collaborative Research Infrastructure.
- 18 November Indee Labs featured in Australian National Fabrication Facility's 2017 Casebook celebrating 10 year of Australia's National Collaborative Research Infrastructure.
- 15 November Indee Labs featured by Eagar & Martin Patent & Trademark Attorneys.
- 4 October Amy presents a Lightning Talk at Synbiobeta.
- 20 September Indee Labs mentioned in Startup Daily News.
- 29 August Indee Labs mentioned by Computerworld.
- 25 August Indee Labs mentioned by the Australian Trade and Investment Commission.
- 3 July Indee Labs closes $1.3M Angel Round.
- 14 June Indee Labs presents at the Australian-American Emerging Cancer Technologies Meeting.
- 31 May Indee Labs featured in STAT News.
- 11 May Indee Labs featured in Slate Star Codex.
- 18 April Indee Labs presents at QB3@953’s Amgen Innovator Series.
- 20 March Indee Labs launches at Y Combinator’s Winter 2017 Demo Day.
- 2 November Indee Labs presents at the Air Force Office of Scientific Research's Life Science Review.
- 2 November Indee Labs receives Jobs for NSW Minimum Viable Product Grant.
- 24 May Indee Labs selected to present at Australian-American Enabling Technologies Meeting.
- 22 April Indee Labs featured by Vator News.
- 22 January Indee Labs featured by IndieBio.
- Indee Labs participates in AusTrade’s San Francisco Landing Pad prior to being selected for Y Combinator’s Winter 2017cohort and the QB3@953 portfolio in San Francisco.